PSYC 2700 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Likert Scale, Cognitive Dissonance

32 views3 pages

Document Summary

Attitude is an evaluation of an object in a positive or negative fashion that includes the three components. I like to show pride for my country in ways of bumper stickers or hanging a flag in front. Strongly disagree iclicker question #2 of my house. Attitudes may be poor predictors of behaviors. Attitudes may conflict with other influences on behavior influence behavior. Attitudes may be based on secondhand information. Research shows attitudes based on firsthand experience better predict behavior. Attitudes based on secondhand experiences may be weaker and less likely to motivate behavior. Social psychology theories show how people explain and rationalize behaviors. Attitudes may be updated or altered in order to fall in line with previous. Theory that people try to maintain a balance between their thoughts, feelings, behavior. Theory that inconsistencies between thoughts, feelings, and behavior create an unpleasant mental state (cognitive dissonance) that motivates mental effort to resolve them.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers