HDFS 1060 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Individuation, Fivehead, Linguistic Competence

23 views4 pages

Document Summary

Elaboration of locomotion : the ability to move around the environment. Locomotion and the need for self assertion and mastery! Let me do this myself and learn myself. Based in the ability to think symbolically. Semiotic thinking the use of mental symbols (words and objects) to stand for something else. They can use things, words and objects to stand for something else. Note the relationship between semiotic thinking, fantasy, play and self assertion and mastery. Important role in facilitating the development of cognitive and social skills: all children start playing in a concrete way, as they go through the toddler years they start having imagination and fantasy. *note the relationships among fantasy, pretending, creativity, self assertion and mastery! *from parallel to social: they start having parallel to play, play by themselves, maybe next to each other but not with them. They become more social and start playing with others creating ideas together. Parents engage in two types of play.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers