LIFESCI 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Atp Synthase, Glycerol, Facilitated Diffusion

25 views6 pages
24 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Talking about the cellular level, not breathing in and out a. ii. Take glucose or some sort of energy molecule, break it down, and use the energy released to join another phosphate group onto adp and make atp a. iii. Along the way it uses oxygen, so the end products are carbon dioxide and water: photosynthesis: plants uses sunlight to join carbon dioxide and water to make glucose & give off oxygen b. i. Goes in the opposite direction of cellular respiration. Aerobic respiration: cellular respiration that requires oxygen: eukaryotes and some prokaryotes. Anaerobic respiration: cellular respiration that requires no oxygen: usually using some other molecule or element as the final part to kind of sweep things up at the end. Usually a bit of energy is lost in this process, but that energy can be captured at times: oxygen is often called the final electron receptor (thing that"s reduced, carrier molecules f. i. Electrons often get carried somewhere else by carrier molecules f. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers