LIFESCI 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Binocular Vision, Smooth Muscle Tissue, Lateral Geniculate Nucleus

20 views11 pages
24 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Sensory information is converted to action potentials. Convert light (form of energy) to action potential (electrical activities: mechanoreceptors b. i. Vibration/movement of cells is converted to action potentials b. ii. When someone touches you, they apply pressure to your skin this stimulus is received by mechanoreceptors b. iii. Sound is a wave of vibration that reaches mechanoreceptors: chemoreceptors c. i. In blood vessels tell us concentration of o2, co2 c. iii. 1. Pick up specific chemicals that stimulate them, not any random ones c. iv. These signals are eventually converted to electrical activities: thermoreceptors d. i. Feed thermal information (heat) to become action potential: nociceptors e. i. Receptors that sense pain specifically and send it to the brain e. ii. They have a very developed sense of smell. They have very sharp electrical field sensation, so they don"t just smell blood but also sense charge of the blood, which is why sometimes they"re attracted towards the electrical activities of boats f. iii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers