ETHNOMUS 25 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Snoop Dogg, Loy Mendonsa, Ehsaan Noorani

48 views6 pages
29 Nov 2015
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Overview: the music that is written and performed for the sole reason to support and complement indian movies (which are largely musicals) is known as indian film music. The industry is largely based in mumbai, india, to support bollywood, a collective term for the hindi-film industry. Musically, indian film music is very diverse, incorporating indigenous classical and indian folk sensibilities as well as western popular musical styles. Anyhow, indian film music is a wide and diverse musical genre that has a huge fan base, both locally in indian and internationally, and definitely deserves the attention and acknowledgment of both musicians and listeners alike. Following are the track-by-track listening notes for the playlist i have created. I hope you enjoy it: lukka chuppi (hide and seek)" from rang de basanti (2006): the first track on the playlist is a personal favourite of mine. It is a perfect blend of light classical.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers