POS 2041 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Electronic Voting, Peer Group, Church Attendance

58 views6 pages
6 Mar 2017
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Child first sees the political world through the eyes of his or her family. Political party of the parents becomes the political party of the children. School and churches: edu(cid:272)atio(cid:374) stro(cid:374)gly i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)es a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s politi(cid:272)al attitudes, le(cid:448)el of edu(cid:272)atio(cid:374) i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)es a perso(cid:374)"s politi(cid:272)al (cid:448)alues, strong religious beliefs contribute significantly to political socialization. Media: newspapers, magazines, television, radio, internet, and any other printed or electronic means of communication. Television most influential form of media. Internet and social media are important sources of information for. Opinion leaders younger citizens: public officials, religious leaders, teachers, or celebrities, play a significant role in the formation of public opinion. People and political opinions: major life events. Political attitudes of an entire generation may be influenced by a major event. Wwii (1939-1945: peer group: associates, close in age to one another. Include friends, classmates, co-workers, club members, or religious group members.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers