COM 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Elaboration Likelihood Model, John T. Cacioppo, Richard Petty

60 views3 pages
22 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

An elder making a speech about the korean war would be more persuasive than if they were to make a speech about a gaming platform (b. i. 2) Central route processing is focused primarily on the message variables to counter-persuasion. (b. iii. 2. a) Persuasion should be done using central route, but usually isn"t. (b. iii. 3) How do you get to the central route? (b. iii. 3. a) Peripheral route processing: (ethos & pathos) receivers give brief attention to. Motivation and ability b. iv) the message without elaborated thought. Peripheral route processing is focused more on sender, channel receiver, and environment variables: motivation and ability (c. i. 1) A motivational factor that has been studied and used the most is to stay relevant. (c. i. 2) If you are making a presentation, tell your audience why your message will be important or useful to them in the beginning. (c. i. 2. a) This will maximize the audiences" engagement in the speech. (c. i. 3)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers