PSYC 002 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Ile-Rien, David Wechsler, Divergent Thinking

42 views4 pages
13 Oct 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Intelligence: ability to solve problems, understand and learn complex material, adapt to the environment, mental quickness. Information is processed and used to create thoughts, which may be expressed through communication or stored in memory: behaviors can come from outside stimulus or through emotions and memories. Concepts- categoreis of linguistic information, images, ideas, or memories: prototype- best example or representation of a concept (i. e. best leader, best hairstyles, two types of concepts. Direct- experiencing directly (i. e. touching snow, hearing lightning) Indirect- experiencing through forms of communication (i. e. pictures, films) Artificial- defined by a specific set of characteristics (i. e. squares/triangles, formulas: schemes- mental construct consisting of a cluster of related concepts. Problem-solving strategy: plan of action used to find a solution, types. Heuristic (i. e. working backwards, rule of thumb) Charles spearman- first believed intelligence could be measured by g, which could be measured and compared among individuals.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers