MGMT 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Financial Statement, Equity Theory, Goal Setting

33 views3 pages
22 Jun 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Identify and explain the mathematical formula for expectancy theory: expectancy: exerting a high level of effort will result in the successful performance ( e -> p). a. i. Can be hindered by: lack of necessary resources, lack of supportive leadership a. ii. and low self-efficacy: a person has the capabilities needed to execute the behaviors required for task success. Past accomplishments, vicarious experiences, verbal persuasion, emotional cues. b. Instrumentality: successful performance will result in some outcomes ( p-> Poor methods for measuring performance, as instrumentality could actually be rewritten to be performance evaluation . Inadequate budget to provide outcomes, even when performance is high b. i. 3. Use of policies that reward things besides performance, such as attendance or seniority b. i. 4. Time delays in doling out rewards: valence: the anticipated value of the outcomes associated with performance (v). c. i. Maslow"s hierarchy of needs within every human is a hierarchy of 5 needs: c. ii. 1. c. ii. 2. Lower order needs are deficiency needs physiological, safety, social.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers