EDUC 50 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Trends In International Mathematics And Science Study, Financial Literacy, Programme For International Student Assessment

54 views3 pages
9 Jun 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Hillary clinton: the implementation of common core has been problematic, not the standards themselves or how they originated. Bernie sanders opposes a repeal of the common core standards. Donald trump on education: very against common core. 3 major studies and indicators: program for international student assessment (pisa, established by the oecd in 2000, reading, math and science proficiency of 15-year-old representatives of nations b. i. Every 3 years in 60 countries (as of 2009) b. ii. (ex) financial literacy: trends in international mathematics and science study (timss, every 4 years, to 4th and 8th graders a. i. To piece together how the nation is doing: progress in international reading literacy study (pirls) International association for the evaluation of educational achievement in 1995 a: every 4 years. What"s so great about finland: one of the highest scoring countries on pisa scores, no standardized tests a. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers