ASIANAM 50 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Kalahari Desert, Pastoralism, Transhumance

16 views2 pages

Document Summary

Social organization: social organization & culture a. i. How we are socially organized to get things done and satisfy our needs. It orients us to the world and guides us. b. Social relations organized around a particular theme or task b. ii. Church, school, home of the family, correctional facility: social structure: sub topic of social organization c. i. Identification of the different social groups that make up society and what are the relations between those groups. Always involves the deployment of human labor. a. ii. Every human society must address the issue of: what are the tasks that need to be done and who is going to do them: techniques of production b. i. Domestication of at least plants and maybe animals. The intentional human manipulation of the reproduction and survival of the crop or animal. b. ii. 3. b. ii. 4. Pre-industrial means the source of energy is using human and animal muscle power b. ii. 4. a. Extensive: low energy input needs lots of land b. ii. 4. a. iii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers