Department
Course
cherryberry1035 and 38883 others unlocked
PSC 41 Full Course Notes
PSC 41 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
20 documents

Document Summary

If a variable is under the experimenter"s control, then it is manipulated: if you haven"t manipulated your variable, then you have measured your variable. Directly observe behaviors (actions, performance, archives: ie: taking sats isn"t a self-report, and they observed our performance on our test (performance, ie: archives: checking insurance history to see how safe of a driver you are (driving record) Ask the participant to report (self-report: attitudes, beliefs, feelings, memories. Things you want to measure: observation > actions, self-report > ideas, monitor > physical state. Ex: the test i gave you ( normal" multiple choice or with none of the questions having a correct answer): a. self-report, physiological, observational, manipulated. Operational definition: which one you can"t replicate how happy someone feels it"s conceptual idea that how happy someone is, but it doesn"t give the details for me to go out and measure happiness myself. Variable: freshman housing: levels dorms or not.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers