POL 3 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Cold War Ii, Microeconomics, Europe 1

31 views5 pages

Document Summary

Theories of international relations continued: alternatives to realism and liberalism, constructivism. Focus on identities, interaction, sociali ation, and other (cid:873)immaterial(cid:874) influences: marxism. Marxist-leninist influences, replaces struggle for state power with class struggles. Constructivism: overview of , critique of , focus on social construction of individual identities. Both : multiple influences states develop identities over time, and these identities influence their politics; so we have to think of states like people in this theory. Social psychology (cid:840)g. h. mead(cid:841) (cid:873)you can"t have psychology without having sociology(cid:874) 1: psychology depends on social interactions with other human i. i. i. i. ii. iii. iv. v. beings. No economists, constructivists tried to emphasi e role of social structures world politics is anarchy: dominant in europe, australia, non-us academy (cid:840)and policy? (cid:841, constructivism"s critique, liberalism and realism both . Too rationalist: the rationalist view on . Interests are materialist: problems in rationalist empirics, )eapons and/or wealth. Constructivists are focused on the power/wealth is important.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers