LSJ 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Fairy, Tael, Social Forces

25 views4 pages

Document Summary

Let"s (cid:271)(cid:396)iefl(cid:455) (cid:449)(cid:396)ap that up (cid:894)f(cid:396)o(cid:373) last f(cid:396)ida(cid:455)(cid:895). We (cid:449)e(cid:396)e talki(cid:374)g a(cid:271)out (cid:271)ooks i(cid:374) la(cid:449) (cid:448)e(cid:396)se la(cid:449) i(cid:374) a(cid:272)tio(cid:374). Wh(cid:455) law might play out differently in different places. I believe the incarceration rates in rural places have gone up and the incarcerations rates in urban places have gone up. It turns out the prosecutor makes the decision to charge and has become the most significant moment when criminal law moves into action. The thing about prosecutors is that they move in very different localities, and another thing about prosecutors is that they are almost always elected officials. So they have to be responsive in political climates which they operate. So prosecutors have become more responsive, like our own, dan sandberg, to that like our own prosecutors. And it has de-emphasized drug charges precisely because he wants to reduce the racial disparities of those individuals for king county who find themselves in prison in the state of wa.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers