PSY 111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Paul Broca, Ambrose Bierce, Operant Conditioning

28 views4 pages

Document Summary

Rely on our senses (prone to error), introspection, somewhat unpopular 17th century catholic faith. We can only ever access our ideas (minds) Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum i think that i think, therefore i think that. I am;" as close an approach to certainty as any philosopher has yet made. Different parts of the brain do different things. Psychological introspection goes hand in hand with the methods of experimental physiology . Action, reaction, sensation - all part of a mental whole. All brain processes are such as to give rise to what we may call figured consciousness. Thoughts are definite objects, not mere hodgepodges of elements . Proximity, similarity, symmetry, continuity, closure, common fate, The branch of psychology that holds that behaviors can be rigorously described without referring to internal states, like thought and emotion. Pairing two stimuli (s) changes the response to one of those stimuli. Unconditioned stimulus (us) always causes a particular response.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers