PSY 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Long-Term Memory, Peter George Peterson, Sketchpad

34 views2 pages
27 Sep 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Processes involved in retaining, retrieving, and using information about stimuli, images, events, ideas and skills after the original information is no longer present. Three behaviors show that memory is functioning . Retrieval of information previously learned and unconsciously stored. A measure of how much less work is required to learn information previously studied and untouched for a span of time. I stopped playing my instrument for a quarter of a year. As a result, my fingering were sloppy for the first few minutes of playing. Ability to remember 5-9 units of information. New or unusual information requires greater attention. First to record to-be-remembered information as a fleeting sensory memory. Process information into a short-term memory bin, where it is encoded through rehearsal. Information moves into long term memory for later retrieval. Holds a large amount of information for a short period of time. Sounds and words can be recalled within 3-4 second.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers