PSYC 334 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Sociosexual Orientation, Terp, Extramarital Sex

83 views4 pages

Document Summary

The us is more conservative, less permissive about. Than canada, great britain, germany, israel, and japan. The beliefs and behaviors that describe our feelings about sex. Most people in the us believe that sex among unmarried people is okay as long as it occurs in an affectionate, committed relationship. Sexual double standard permissive women and judged more harshly than permissive men. Sociosexual orientation while also being a judgement of sociosexual orientation. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, cisgender, queer, intersex, asexual. I feel like i"m different from the group, and i"m wrong. 1: multiple people in the group have the same incorrect assumption. Two basic results: assimilation if i think everyone"s hooking up, i"ll assimilate to a norm that is incorrect isolation i"m not a good terp because i"m not hooking up with people :( (you"re a great terp :)) The degree to which they consider their relationship with us to be valuable, important, close.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers