PSYC 221 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Convenience Sampling, Neuroplasticity, Grey Matter

8 views4 pages

Document Summary

In this letter i will address the importance on mindfulness meditation in the school environment. I urge the pta to further this research this topic and make steps to implement it into school environments. However, i will provide a brief explanation and a few supporting studies in favor of these meditation techniques. Mindfulness meditation is most easily described as paying close, vivid attention to one"s current moment of life. One must be attentive to their situation and slowly unfolding its" details free of judgment or fear (kabat-zinn, 2011). Sara lazar, a neuroscientist from harvard was one of the first scientists to make a claim regarding the cognitive benefits of mindfulness meditation. In her first study she focused on the relationship between meditation and neuroplasticity of regions in the brain normally used in formal practice. Lazar acquired a convenience sample of twenty participants who regularly practiced western meditation techniques. This sample was designated as the experimental group.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers