PSY 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Asch Conformity Experiments, Ct Scan, Cortisol

21 views3 pages

Document Summary

Controlling, beyond the control group: between subjects design, also known as between groups design, at least 2 groups b. i)experimental group b. ii) All else being equal, the presence of others caused the bystander effect in the participant less likely to do something about danger: manipulation strength, ivs have at least 2 levels (values) a. i) low or high. On or off a. ii: control groups typically have an absence of the iv b. i) null level of iv can be considered a control b. ii) Recall the schacter"s experiment, people feel scared because the researcher manipulate the situation artificial: manipulating the iv, 2 kinds of manipulation a. i) straightforward a. ii) Staged: change iv to observe the effect in the dv b. i)participants are informed that things change b. ii) Participants not informed that things change: straightforward manipulation c. i) the participant is informed of what kind of thing will happen c. ii) c. iii) c. iv) most experiments have straightforward manipulations, godden and baddeley (1975): context-dependent memory.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers