STHM 1113 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Deductive Reasoning, Muesli, Inductive Reasoning

27 views3 pages

Document Summary

Why care about philosophy???? they thought about some far out things. Background on leisure and recreation is based on philosophy. I think, therefore i am (how do i know i am not in a dream? must be here) Metaphysics concerns questions about nature of reality . What is the nature of leisure??: public objective state. Circumstance and what people can see leisure is about free time: private subjective state of mind. John neulinger"s theory of leisure = based on perceived freedom and motivation: feeling of freedom, naturally aka intrinsically motivating. What are ethical repercussions of this appproach. Epistemology = theories on how we know what we know. Empiricist = must be observable there are 2 types: quantitative (numbers and survey. Numbers are harsh. words; meaning of words; senses; readings. Qualitative (interpreting the meaning and reason and significance of leisure; senses; readings; look into words. Rationalists = think about bigger issues that you cannot get from just.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers