ADV 2151 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Wearable Technology, Web Design, Google Glass

39 views2 pages
Hee’s 7 osideatios fo eaale
tech web design:
Thee’s o dout that eaale teh ill ipat ou e desig, the uestio is ho. We a
look at how the introduction of mobile technology, such as smart phones and tablets,
challenged the web design community to create responsive language. In much that same way,
the advent of wearable tech will cause designers to streamline and ruthlessly edit the
superfluous.
1. Designs are responsive.
This cannot be emphasized enough. When I browse over mobile devices, I encounter a huge
ue of esites that ae’t optiized fo oile ieig. I . Aodig to a eet
study performed by Restive Labs, only 3% of Fortune 1000 websites are responsive and fast. If
the a’t get it ight, ou a iagie how most fair.
Currently, browser-apale eaale teholog uses oile iepots. Do’t ait to
implement this meta tag into your web design.
2. Information is instant.
Wear techies (a term I made up, affectionately) want information immediately. Instant access is
the whole point of wearing technology as opposed to putting it in your pocket. This means that
ou e desig should’t get i the a ad slo the use’s aess to ifoatio.
Why is the visitor on your website? Figure it out and plan your design around the answer. Once
ou get aa fo desigig fo desig’s sake, ad udestad hat’s ost ipotat to the
isito, ou’ll e ale to stip aa eleets o flas i ou desig that slo do ou site, o
lutte the use’s path to iformation.
3. Interactivity is everything.
Wearable tech is a soft introduction into augmented reality. Voice navigation is another
iteatie eleet i eaale teh. If ou do’t at to talk, ou a just oe ou head,
hand, or possibly only your finger to navigate.
Weaale teh allos uses to get iside of teholog i a a that’s ee ee doe efoe.
What does that mean for web design?
Fo oe thig, it eas ou e desig a’t e stati ad estig o pett. It should e
dynamic with a clear understanding of who your visitors are and how best to meet their needs.
Take a look at the Ioega iOptik platfo that ill poide uses ith a itual aas
through the combination of contact lenses and micro-projector eyeglasses.
4. Design is minimalist.
Minimalism has been on trend for the last few years in web design, but expect it to go even
futhe. Miialist desig is oe appealig fo the eaale platfo eause it does’t
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

He(cid:396)e"s 7 (cid:272)o(cid:374)side(cid:396)atio(cid:374)s fo(cid:396) (cid:449)ea(cid:396)a(cid:271)le tech web design: The(cid:396)e"s (cid:374)o dou(cid:271)t that (cid:449)ea(cid:396)a(cid:271)le te(cid:272)h (cid:449)ill i(cid:373)pa(cid:272)t (cid:455)ou(cid:396) (cid:449)e(cid:271) desig(cid:374), the (cid:395)uestio(cid:374) is ho(cid:449). We (cid:272)a(cid:374) look at how the introduction of mobile technology, such as smart phones and tablets, challenged the web design community to create responsive language. In much that same way, the advent of wearable tech will cause designers to streamline and ruthlessly edit the superfluous: designs are responsive. When i browse over mobile devices, i encounter a huge (cid:374)u(cid:373)(cid:271)e(cid:396) of (cid:449)e(cid:271)sites that a(cid:396)e(cid:374)"t opti(cid:373)ized fo(cid:396) (cid:373)o(cid:271)ile (cid:448)ie(cid:449)i(cid:374)g. i(cid:374) (cid:1006)(cid:1004)(cid:1005)(cid:1008). A(cid:272)(cid:272)o(cid:396)di(cid:374)g to a (cid:396)e(cid:272)e(cid:374)t study performed by restive labs, only 3% of fortune 1000 websites are responsive and fast. If the(cid:455) (cid:272)a(cid:374)"t get it (cid:396)ight, (cid:455)ou (cid:272)a(cid:374) i(cid:373)agi(cid:374)e how most fair. Do(cid:374)"t (cid:449)ait to implement this meta tag into your web design: information is instant. Wear techies (a term i made up, affectionately) want information immediately.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers