SOC 101 Lecture 5: Lecture 5

24 views4 pages
20 Jul 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

5 articles (one question on each) origins of sociology, major paradigms, culture, socialization and reality, groups. Socialization or how i become a member of society: Limits of socialization: socialization cannot explain everything about a person"s development and personality biology plays a role it"s a combination of biology and social interactions that makes us who we are. Which of the following are not a result of socialization? religion hairstyle the clothes you wear your gender they all are. Charles horton cooley: theorized that the self emerges from our ability to assume the point of view of others and imagine how those others see us. Theories of socialization: development of the self and the other: cooley and mead"s stage theory of socialization, self, me - toddler. I - infant other signi cant other - toddler reference group - age 5-7. Theories of socialization: the life course: biological transitions s. socially constructed life course transitions childhood, tween, adolescence, adulthood.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers