POLS 207 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Unimodality, John Tower, Phil Gramm

24 views4 pages

Document Summary

Political parties (chapter 6: characteristics a. i) what is a political party? (a. i. 1) Organization that chooses, supports, and nominates candidates for elected offices. a. ii) what are the functions of a party? (a. ii. 1) (a. ii. 2) Aggregation of interest identify what common interest is and making it into a manageable proposal (a. ii. 3) Provide information shortcut for voters not knowing candidate, but knowing that their side with your party allows you to know what their stances/opinions are (a. ii. 4) Make the task of governing easier like-minded people who would agree with each other"s decisions. How are parties different from interest groups? a. iii) (a. iii. 1) Interest groups/social movements can turn into political parties (a. iii. 2) National parties or state parties? (a. iv. 1. a. i) state parties are the primary organizing units. It has to have some sort of organizational structure to be able to run in an election (a. iv. 1. a. ii) national parties are active in every state a. iv. 1. a. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers