PSY 205 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Study Guide, Blackboard, Neural Adaptation

15 views3 pages
amethystllama847 and 38 others unlocked
PSY 205 Full Course Notes
PSY 205 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
33 documents

Document Summary

9/19/16: psychophysics, study of how physical stimuli are translated into psychological experience, sensation*** b. i. Often time when were exposed to the same stimulus we perceive different thing e. We are creatures that rely heavily on sight e. ii. Much of our sensation and subsequent perception starts with: vision: stimulus is light visual cues, physical properties of light a. i. Associated with our ability to see color a. ii. Lights go on and it hits cornea b. i. 1. Permits light to pass into the rear chamber of the eye b. ii. 2. Muscle that gives the eye the color b. iii. Transparent eye structure that focuses the light rays falling of the retina b. iv. Neutral tissue lining the inside back that sends the info to the brain through optic nerve b. iv. 2. Why do we see in color b. iv. 6. a. b. iv. 6. a. i. Trichromatic theory differing sensitivities to different light wavelengths b. iv. 6. a. i. 1. red b. iv. 6. a. i. 2. green b. iv. 6. a. i. 3. blue b. iv. 6. b. People who are totally colorblind b. iv. 6. b. i. 1. have no chromes b. iv. 6. c. b. iv. 6. c. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers