SOC 104 Lecture Notes - Lecture 28: Santa Barbara City College, James W. Pennebaker, Narcissism

18 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Instruct participants to write about their deepest thoughts and feelings about themselves. A person"s overall self-evaluation or sense of self-worth. Examples of people with high self esteem: Good it protects us from depression, drug abuse, some types of delinquency. Bad terrorists and gang leaders have high self-esteem, if we reject people with high self-esteem they can become ugly and abusive. The answer may be related to dual processing theories and how you measure it. Automatic evaluations of self that occur unintentionally and outside of awareness. Examined relationship of implicit and explicit self-esteem with narcissism. Narcissists have grandiose self-views (potentially concealing unacknowledged self- doubt) I really like to be the center of attention. I like to look at myself in the mirror. Whether a couple will be dating a few months later. Any act, physical or psychological, with intention to harm. Males are more physically aggressive than females. Aggression is indicative of ability to gather resources.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers