ANTH 189 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Bakken Pipeline, Communes Of France, White Ware

11 views20 pages

Document Summary

Suppose there aren"t any written documents to indicate what they were used for and no traces of dna or other obvious clues. For example, hypothetically, suppose a site was discovered to contain a lot of sea shells from thousands of years ago across every home. How can you tell whether the seashells were a form of monetary exchange, cultural or religious objects, or some other reason for their being there (society. I asked this question because i want to know what happens when archaeologists encounter tougher puzzles, and how they conclude how societies were like. And then take the information to search for the truth. For example, the great city of atlantis sinking into the ocean and whether it existed or not. I want to know whether an archaeologist had overlooked some interesting findings by accident due to biases in history, or that they will circle the globe to find something until they learned the story was just imagination.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers