10:833:210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Branch House, Military Intelligence

57 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 2 - role of government: the challenges of policymaking; nuts and bolts of how it. Works: conflict as part of the policy process. Founding fathers, make actions on public policies difficult: conflict. Our institutional structure developed from the political values of our founding fathers who believed it was more important to maintain individual freedoms than to create a powerful government. Morone reading: debate is a positive factor in our policy process. It is how we argue over and create good principles and policies. Groups of individuals organized for purpose of electing candidates for public office. Members share certain ideologies and positions on issues and / or public policies. Republicans (conservative) (cid:862)t(cid:396)aditio(cid:374)al(cid:863) values (cid:862)i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual(cid:863) rights a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idualis(cid:373) Party platforms - set out priorities and positions on issues held by that party: checks and balances. Gridlock threat even within same party. Members motivated by a number of things, including reelection. Does(cid:374)"t (cid:373)ake la(cid:449)s (cid:271)ut sets age(cid:374)da, poli(cid:272)y i(cid:374)put a(cid:374)d i(cid:373)ple(cid:373)e(cid:374)tatio(cid:374)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers