01:830:338 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Phallic Stage, Penis Envy, Anal Stage

50 views4 pages

Document Summary

In the future, there will be trust issues: overindulged dependency. Identification with father develop feelings of similarity and connectedness. Freud theory of psychosexual development (phallic stage: electra complex girls, penis envy. Identification with mother: phallic fixation, men obsession with asserting masculinity. Learn to channel sexual and aggressive drives into socially acceptable activities: genital stage ages 12, conscious sexuality, become capable of relating to others on mature level. Freud dream interpretation: drea(cid:373)s: (cid:862)the royal road to the u(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:374)s(cid:272)ious(cid:863, manifest content the actual images in the dream. Latent content the unconscious thoughts, feelings, and wishes behind the manifest content: sources of latent content, sensory stimulation, current concerns, unconscious impulses. I(cid:374)flue(cid:374)tial i(cid:374) psy(cid:272)hology a(cid:374)d i(cid:374) (cid:862)pop-(cid:272)ulture(cid:863) (cid:862)father of psy(cid:272)hotherapy(cid:863) Neo-freudians: most used same research methods as freud, most saw sex as less important, some put less emphasis on unconscious, most put less emphasis on drives and inner thoughts as the source of psychological difficulties.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers