01:830:101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Margo Wilson, James Olds, Roger Wolcott Sperry

29 views6 pages
coralporcupine379 and 85 others unlocked
01:830:101 Full Course Notes
01:830:101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
172 documents

Document Summary

Personal application: psychology"s early history, psychology started in the late 1800s (somewhere around 1880) a. i. a. ii. a. iii. first lab was founded by wilhelm wundt known as the founder of modern (experimental) psychology. First female president of the apa: margaret floy washburn d. i. First woman to earn a phd in psych: leta stetter hollingworth. Developmental psych didn"t believe that women were naturally inferior e. ii. e. i: psychoanalytic perspective (1900-present) f. i. Hall was the first president of the apa f. i. 1. was primarily responsible for bringing freud"s teachings to the us f. ii. Freud f. ii. 1. f. ii. 2. sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex unconscious mind f. ii. 2. a. Ego: the mediator, the only truly conscious one. Id: the pleasure principle (i want it now!) Thoughts are what drive humans every behavior has a mental cause. He was more of a theorist but he never tested f. ii. 4. f. ii. 5. them out f. ii. 6. Some don"t believe that freud"s theories are falsifiable f. ii. 7.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers