11:709:345 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Blood Sugar, Nutrient, Social History

16 views6 pages

Document Summary

Identification of nutrition care indicators = markers that can be observed or objective. Detective phase of the ncp collect and analyze data. What is happening with the patient past vs present. Will help to form nutrition diagnosis (step 2) What data should i collect: consider relevance to patient/population, consider invasiveness, expense, value, consider subjective vs objective data, consider source of data patient, family, friend, clinician. How do i know if the data i collected is valid: focus on data that can be observed and measured. Knowledge and beliefs: understanding of nutrition-related concepts, feelings and readiness to change nutrition related behaviors: components: food and nutrition knowledge/beliefs/attitudes, example: patient stating that he avoids sweets and dessert as his diet in order control his diabetes. Behavior: actions which influence achievement of nutrition-related goals: components: adherence, avoidance behavior, binging/purging, mealtime behavior, example: patient decides that she will only eat at the kitchen table with family members as a step to decrease snacking behaviors.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers