04:192:409 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Corporate Communication, Strategic Management, Earned Media

16 views3 pages
19 Nov 2020
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Before we delve into public relations and the management aspects of pr agencies, i want to dedicate one lecture to corporate communications and the differences between public relations in corporate communications versus public relations agencies. Note: capital one has more than 100 public relations professionals in their internal corporate communications department in addition to their external five pr agencies. Corporate communication is the communication issued by a corporate organization, body, or institute to all its public(s) It consists of internal communication and external communication. Internal communication refers to communication within corporate organization i. e. employees, stakeholders, i. e. Internal communication refers to communication within corporate organization i. e. employees, stakeholders, i. e. share and stock holders. External communication refers to communication between different corporate entities i. e. agencies, channel partners, media, government, industry bodies, and industries, educational institutes, and general public. Corporate communications executives and departments are focused on all stakeholders beyond just consumers. External stakeholders - media, customers, consumers, shareholders,

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers