BUSACC 0030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Internal Control, Cash Management, Cash Flow

48 views5 pages
1 Sep 2016
School
Professor

Document Summary

Material covered: chapter 6: reporting and interpreting sales revenue, receivables, and cash. Announcements: case studies will be returned by next week. Quiz 2 is next week on chapters 5 and 6. Accounting for net sales revenue: the revenue realization principle requires that revenues be recorded when earned a. i. Goods have been delivered or services have been rendered a. ii. There is persuasive evidence of an arrangement for customer payment a. iii. Credit card sales to consumers: companies accept credit cards for several reasons: a. i. To avoid costs of providing credit directly to customers a. iii. To avoid losses due to bad checks a. iv. To avoid losses due to fraudulent credit card sales a. v. To receive payment quicker: when credit card sales are made, the company must pay the credit card company a fee for the service it provides. Sales discounts to businesses: when customers purchase on open account, they may be offered a sales discount to encourage early payment, 2/10,n/30 b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers