STAT 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Influenza Vaccine, Dependent And Independent Variables, Relative Risk

47 views2 pages
23 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

I go to my doctor for a physical. I am discussing results he comments that given my weight and age my chance of heart problems are 6. 5 times more likely than if my weight were normal for my age. A study was conducted analyzed flu shot and getting the flu. These 2 variables are both categorical ch. 12 and 13 relate to analyzing relationship between 2 categorical variables. Flu shot getting it or not. We display the data on a 2-way table: explanatory variable is in the row, response in columns. Consider 5 concepts: proportion, risk, probability, percentage, odds. Answer to proportion, risk, probability are the same found the same mathematically: 63/1138. Percent is the same but different proportion is . 5 the percent is 50: 63/1138 x 100% Group of interest vs. group not in interest. People who got the flu over who didn"t. What is the risk that someone gets the flu given they received the shot: 28/813 = 0. 0344.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers