PSYCH 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Combination Lock, Episodic Memory, Flashbulb Memory

81 views8 pages
18 Nov 2014
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Information processing model: compares the human brain to the computer. **problem is, our brain isn"t really like a computer** The processing of memories goes through three areas: sensory motor, short term memory (stm, long term memory (ltm) Iconic memory: a brief visual photo of what you are seeing, only lasts a fraction of a second. Echoic memory: brief auditory memory of what you are hearing, lasts 3-4 seconds. Very limited capacity (7 +/- 2 chunks of information) Stm test: examples of 5 +/- 2 items and chunking bsufcaiar fbi cia usa vcr: level 3 of the three stage model. Info may be permanent, but can be distorted. Picture of the three stage model of memory: sensory memory. There are three different types of long term memories: procedural - Highly robust to amnesia: episodic memory . I know how to play a guitar = procedural. I remember my first guitar lesson = episodic. I know what a guitar is = semantic.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers