HD FS 311 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Logic Model, Apache Hadoop

50 views2 pages

Document Summary

Explain why studying intervention science is important. Explain the 6 critical issues of intervention. Describe the continuum of the intervention spectrum. Occurs before a problem keep experimental user from becoming a regular. Intervention- an organized and systematic attempt to positively change the development of a person or family. Treatment oriented- after the problem has fully exploded: ex. Move interventions upstream: prevent problems in the first place. Delay the onset of a problem behavior. Reduce the impact of a problem behavior. Strengthen knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors that promote emotional/physical well-being. Support institutional, community, and government policies to promote physical/emotional well-being. 6 critical issues of intervention: problem identification- what is the prevalence, proportion of the population displaying the problem a. i. Use direct quotes, paraphrase, data, up to data a. ii. Use reasons: this clarifies justifies, decisions, effectiveness. Just the people at risk: 3 types d. i. Prevention- before the problem is fully developed d. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers