CRIM 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Alford Plea, Making False Statements, Reversible Error

64 views1 pages
22 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

How might this lead to wrongful convictions: when outcome from one stage in the justice system effects another it is usually based on two things. Is the person dangerous to community or are they a flight risk spillover more likely to be convicted ex. But prosecutor tells me they have 6 witnesses that said i did it. So if i go to court i know ill lose. Im going to plead guilty because i think i"m going to lose in court. The appellate process what, in general, is the appellate process: complex set of procedures- defense asks appellate court to determine if lower court engaged in legal error appeal before a decision is made. Appealing ain"t easy you usually appeal on a brief a successful appeal requires demonstration of. Significant error of law defense attorney falls asleep consider the interview with seth miller on appeals. The florida dna appeals requirements one can get a new hearing after considering: 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers