PSY 370 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Psychoticism, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Impulsivity

29 views6 pages

Document Summary

Notes for week 10, monday 6/4/18 & wednesday 6/6/18. Could be situational or environmental: the dsm 10 personality disorders, odd, eccentric i. Paranoid, schizoid, schizotypal: dramatic, emotional, erratic i. Antisocial, borderline, histrionic, narcissistic: fearful, anxious i. Avoidant, dependent, obsessive-compulsive: new domains, there are some spectrum-based domains. Antagonism: behaviors that antagonize others: annoying, dangerous towards others. Does not have, want, or enjoy close relationships. Ideas of reference normal events having special meaning particular to them. Social anxiety associated with paranoia: negative affect, antagonism, psychoticism, schizoid i. Domain: negative affect(in that they have no affect), detachment, disinhibition iii. Explanation: perfectly happy with being detached, don"t take pleasure in a lot of activities, no self-consciousness with human connection and relationships, schizotypal i. Explanation: odd, eccentric, bizarre person, everything has a meaning example of misha"s friend finding a wheat penny and she thinks it"s her mom talking/reaching out to her, talks in odd ways, magical thinking.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers