PSY 370 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Human Genome Project, Trait Theory, Boogie 2Nite

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ex: which are caused by genetic and environmental differences: highly controversial. Concerns about renewed interest in eugenics: modern behavioral geneticists who study personality are typically very careful about addressing implications of work and are sensitive to ideological concerns i. Or: proportion of phenotypic variance that is attributable to genetic variance i. Influence of genes and of environment is only relevant for the discussion of group-level variation: behavioral genetics methods, selective breeding - studies of humans" best friend. Can only occur if a desired trait is heritable. Seen in dogs (poodle and lab labradoodle) Cannot be ethically conducted with humans i. ii. iii: family studies i. ii. iii. Correlates the degree of genetic overlap among family members with the degree of similarity in personality trir. If trait is highly heritable, family members with greater genetic relatedness should be more similar to one another on the trait than of family members who are less closely genetically related.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers