PLNT 1213 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Aliphatic Compound, Peanut Butter, Earthenware

19 views7 pages
19 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

These make up 60% of the calories consumed on earth. Carbohydrates; also an important oil and bioenergy crop in the us: fun fact f. i. Cross pollinated corn is 50% more productive than self: rice pollinated corn, scientific name a. i. Rice that makes its own provitamin a in the grain, is called golden rice f. i. 1. Provitamin a deficiency leads to blindness & high: other facts susceptibility to infections g. i. The staple food of more than half the world"s population g. iii. Asia produces and consumes 90% of the world"s rice g. iv. Can grow in a very wide variety of environments; tolerant to flood, salt, many pests: wheat, scientific name a. i. Contains gluten, the stretchy protein that makes bread rise: other facts g. i. Most widely grown cereal grain globally (idrc) g. ii. Provides more calories that any other crop g. iv. 216 million acres harvested in 2012 g. iv. 1. (oklahoma= 44. 7 million acres) g. v. Can be planted in fall or spring g. vii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers