PS 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Political Journalism, Demography Of The United States

74 views1 pages

Document Summary

I think my interest is more of an empirical question. I am interested in police brutality and its effect on. I am trying to view this objectively, despite my personal views, so i am not asking a question such as is police brutality morally correct? . Political journalism dealt with political science episodically and condescendingly. Politicians are losing power and political parties are gaining it. Defining characteristic of science as distinct is the accumulation of knowledge in the form of more or less verifiable propositions about the natural world. Harder than other sciences because it"s constantly changing. Everyone sees the world through different lenses - theories. Scientific method - a logical method of testing hypotheses based on reproducible controlled comparisons. Controlled - eliminates the impact of confounding variables. It requires that control for confounding variables or alternative explanations. Selected cases subject to evaluation have to be representative of the universe of events that we are interested in study.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers