NUR 209 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Hyperlipidemia, Dyslipidemia, Major Depressive Disorder

18 views5 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Associations between weight & health: center for disease control and prevention (cdc) says: 5: epidemiologic studies don"t typically control for: Weight cycling which is associated with: inflammation, hypertension, insulin resistance, hyperlipidemia. Associations between weight & health: association between bmi and death, bmi between 25 and 35 = lowest incidence of early death. Why the don"t: research shows us they don"t, can lack essential nutrients, take out all of the pleasure, fatal health consequences, obesity-trauma/attempted solutions, compulsion can lead to ed. Defining weight & health: messages about health in the media. Health depends on weight: thin = healthy, fat = unhealthy. Exercise more and you will be thin: health is about more than weight, health is about more than diet and exercise. Diet and exercise are only two components of health. Black and white thinking: i feel like eating chips, but i should probably eat carrots, i can eat this.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers