BIOL 1201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Carboxylic Acid, Dehydration Reaction, Glycerol

73 views4 pages

Document Summary

A. organic molecules: complex molecules containing a carbon-carbon bond, composed largely of c, h, o, n (s,p, classes a. i. Hydrocarbon chain with a carboxyl group on one end a. i. 1. a. ii. Saturated hydrogen; all carbons are single bonded to each other. All the carbons are carrying max number of a. i. 1. a. i. Carbon carbon double bonds, which reduces the number of hydrogens that are carried by the carbons a. i. 1. A glycerol molecule with 3 fatty acid chains attached a. i. A glycerol molecule with 2 fatty acid chains and a phosphate group attached: steroids a. i. a. ii. i. Three 6-sided rings and one 5-sided ring. (carbon rings) Contains central c (carbon) to which is attached a. b. Amino group a. c. carboxyl group a. d. hydrogen a. e. Amino acids are joined to form un-branched chains a. a. a. a. i. The bond joining the amino acids is a peptide bonds. A description of the covalent bonds and the sequence of amino acids in a protein b.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers