KINE 416 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Diabetes Mellitus Type 2, Endometrial Cancer, List Of Flexors Of The Human Body

18 views10 pages

Document Summary

Causes & correlates of overweight & obesity: urgeo(cid:374) ge(cid:374)eral"s overweight & obesity: health. Consequences reported that (cid:862)(cid:271)ody (cid:449)eight is a (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:271)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374) of genetic, metabolic, behavioral, environmental, cultural & so(cid:272)ioe(cid:272)o(cid:374)o(cid:373)i(cid:272) i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)es. (cid:863: environmental and behavioral factors may provide the greatest opportunity for actions and interventions designed for prevention and treatment. Food availability, socioeconomic status, lack of access to exercise facilities: behavioral factors. Eating patterns, overeating, binge eating, activity patterns: genetic & metabolic factors. Rmr, levels of lipoprotein lipase, sympathetic nervous system activity & dietary-induced thermogenesis. Fat distribution: gynoid obesity (pear-shaped body) denotes high amounts of. Bf in hip and thigh areas: android obesity (apple-shaped body) is characterized by high amounts of bf in the trunk and abdominal areas. This excess fat in the abdomen acts as an independent predictor of disease risk for type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and cvd. Measuring abdominal fat: increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes, dyslipidemia, hypertension and cvd are linked to.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers