GEOL 21062 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Radiolaria, Clastic Rock, Jarosite

8 views5 pages

Document Summary

The%follow hypothesized. %jellyfish%were%blown%or%swam%into%a%shallow%embayment. %the%tide% ebbed%and%escape%behaviors%were%initiated% %during%mass%strandings,%most% jellyfish%settle%on%the%surface%with%their%subumbrella%down,%and%they%commonly% pump%their%bells%in%an%attempt%to%escape%from%stranding% %this%escape%behavior% often%compounds%their%fate,%because%they%pump%much%of%their%stomach%and% internal%cavities%full%of%sand,%thus%exacerbating%their%fate%through%extreme%sand% loading. % %the%only%structure%often%preserved%within%the%umbrellar%center%is%a% convex%sediment%mound%formed%either%through%pulsing%of%the%dying%jellyfish%or% decomposition%of%the%sediment. !b y!fl u id! (water,! rce! sou i. H2o: alteration! !to! different!minerals!by! chemical!reactions, transport! !in!solution, me ch trans. !du e! rgy ne ani c al! t!e r po to!drop!in! Inor ganic!d n!o addi tio o loss!of!s olv change!in!sol ati on! Typ e! h! rengt of! r t!age po nt! Tect geogr t ing! set rce! sou onic! aphic! of! sink. !tr ans t!ener in!sha in!si er ze! pr ave. Orie ans ti c w lo nal!f e o w vs. ! w. P e t!d po r i r c ti o ntati on! Ind river! or por ans t vs. !large!del a. !ooids bi o g ocks,! nate bo t! Sed!str stromatolites,!fossils!in!general! hemical!composition! !climate! oxies! (lecture!later!in!course)! neralogy! (microbial!role!in! uctures! !reefs,! e! O2 oxidized! o l!ea bal snow rth in!ocea. !waves!due!to!crazy!weather!and!sea!level!rise!from!melting! bedded!wi r!c and!precip th!sh it at ale es!

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers