ENGL 2110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: City Beautiful Movement, Iambic Pentameter, Du Fu

66 views3 pages
16 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Natural order: beginnings and endings, 4 seasons: (cid:862)wu wei(cid:863) i(cid:374)a(cid:272)tio(cid:374): do(cid:374)"t do it! Sun rises and sets: references to nature, span of the day, specific path the sun takes, lou yang stopped the sun, life and death. Bring in the wine: stay wild and free, du fu: confucianism. Friend & friend (act according to role in relationship^^) O(cid:374)g of p"e(cid:374)g-ya du fu (relationships!) A guest comes du fu****(sense of families) Protestant reformation (martin luther) complaints against catholic church. Desire to find universal answers reach common ground in society: social convention a proper way to do things. Copernicus was the spark for the scientific revolution. Newton credited for discovering gravity describes way planets revolve around sun. Flipote,| come on!| my vis|it here| is through! You walk| so fast| i (cid:272)a(cid:374)"t| keep up| with you! Madame pernelle mother in law, very opinionated, rude to damis, thinks tartuffe is saintly. Mariane interrupted & babied by madame pernelle(gma).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers