POSC 225 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Jimmy Wales, Transparency International, New Media

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Page one: inside the nyt: key problem: nyt and other news outlets are losoing readers (and revenue) to online aggregators, but they still provide much of the news content a. i. A thousand bloggers all talking to each other doesn"t get you a report from a war zone jimmy wales, wiki founder a. ii. Journalism is not free but citizens are getting it for free. How have more media options contributed to polarization? b. i. Why is prior skeptical about their influence? b. iii. Higher percentage of news junkies who tend to be partisan b. iii. 2. a. i. 2. Smaller percentage of entertainment fans who tend to be more moderate b. iii. 2. a. i. 2. a. In other words, electorate has higher percentage of partisans than it once did, in part because many disengaged (but moderate) citizens have dropped out. On the bright side: choice is good a. i. Top tier news outlets accessible to anyone with internet: more democratic b. i. Media more accountable: new media have livened things up c. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers