POSC 225 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Primary Election, Pentagon Papers, President Of The United States

42 views4 pages

Document Summary

Primary election day in : md, de, ct, ri and pa a. i. In defense of politicians: chapter 5: 2011 debt ceiling debate/ why such a crisis? a. i. A government designed to hinder decisive action, even if majority supports it, yet a. i. 2. In this case, politicians weren"t necessarily being responsible a. ii. 1. For the most part, each were responding to the preferences of the voters who sent them to washington a. ii. 1. a. White house and senate: democrats demanding preservation of government programs, even if taxes needed to be raised a. ii. 1. b. House of reps: republicans demanding large spending cuts, lower taxes, many opposed to raising debt limit a. ii. 1. c. Didn"t help that public opinion was contradictory (as usual) a. ii. 1. c. i. Public wanted to compromise but what were they willing to give up: chapter 6: what kind of people become politicians? b. i. Medvic: campaigning is demeaning and physically/mentally demanding b. ii. Most politicians aren"t extraordinarily well paid, rarely get rich after leaving office b. iii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers