POSC 225 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Tax Deduction, The West Wing, Tax Shelter

20 views4 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Medvic / in defense of politics (10-15 questions on book probably 12: what are the expectations traps? (ch. Ordinary and exceptional: why are americans anti-politician? (ch. Politicians no better than the citizens they represent b. i. 1. b. Protections against tyranny of the majority and other characteristics make government less efficient, nasty, unpleasant. Pluralism: david truman"s the governmental process (1951) a. i. A defense of the legitimate role of interest groups: economic change -> new interest groups b. i. Because groups were free to organize and participate, the political process balanced competing interests b. ii. Unorganized or latent interests could even constrain established groups from overreaching: u. s. political system was particularly conducive to pluralist politics c. i. Elected officials need to form broad-based coalitions d. Pluralist politics created a policy balance that reflected both the distribution of interests and the intensity with which they were pursued d. ii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers