PSY 139 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Bipolar Disorder, Mania, Circadian Rhythm

44 views7 pages

Document Summary

A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood and abnormally and persistently increased goal-directed activity or energy, lasting at least one week. Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity the entire world revolves around you. More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking cannot stop speaking. Flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing thoughts are all over the place. Increase in goal-directed activity or psychomotor agitation like me when i drank coffee that one time. Excessive involvement in activities that have a high potential for painful consequences risky situation, ex: reckless driving. Marked impairment in functioning or necessitating hospitalization to prevent harm to self or others, or there are psychotic features. Common comorbidities people a(cid:396)e(cid:374)"t getti(cid:374)g thei(cid:396) (cid:373)edi(cid:272)al issues take(cid:374) (cid:272)a(cid:396)e of. Elevated, expansive, or irritable mood and increased activity or energy, lasting at least 4 consecutive days. 3+ of the same symptoms as bipolar i (representing a noticeable change from usual behavior)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers