PERS 2001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Five Pillars Of Islam, Shahada, Zakat

51 views2 pages
28 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Allah re(cid:448)ealed the qur"a(cid:374) to muha(cid:373)(cid:373)ad, (cid:271)egi(cid:374)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374) 6(cid:1005)(cid:1004) ce. Ka"(cid:271)ah- holy site in mecca believed to be originally built by adam and restored by abraham. Sunni: leadership passed to imams, descended fro(cid:373) prophet, first (cid:449)as muha(cid:373)(cid:373)ad"s so(cid:374) i(cid:374) la(cid:449) Shi"i: do not believe in the prophet put a successor in place. Sufi: an ascetic and mystical form of sunnism. No god but god and muhammad is the prophet. Sawm: fasting during the holy month of ramadan. Hajj: once in a lifetime pilgrimage to the holy site of mecca. Born in 570 in mecca, died in 632 medina. First wife khadija,40, she proposed to him, was the first convert to islam. Includes stories about figures in the bible as well as those about muhammad. Refers to food and drink and other lifestyle areas. Animals slaughtered in the name of anyone other than allah. Animals must be treated with compassion prior to and during slaughter.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers